Sunday, October 21, 2012
Unmanned
Unmanned is a good game to analyze the reading we did this week. This is a man that looks like he just got back from war. Mimicry I think is one of the elements that seems most evident throughout this game. After the player realizes that the character in this game is a soldier, the player begins to play as she thinks a soldier would react to the types on situations encountered during the game. This is also a game of chance. There's not competition with other players but the choices on the sentences can change how the game turns out. For example, when I started to play the game, as I was 'driving' the car and making selections on the sentences, I was taken to a screen where I had to guess the lyrics to a song. The things the character says also affect the outcome of the game. I also found that there was a sort of vertigo to this game. This happened in the scene where the character had to keep an eye on a target but to not shoot. I found myself wanting to shoot just like I said in class and this made me more curious about the game and the outcome of my action throughout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment