Thursday, August 30, 2012

Games Today


Coming into this class I just thought video games were pointless and didn't really have a specific point other then to pass time. Just through the beginning of this course I have come to see that that is completely untrue. From reading the descriptive articles that we have discussed it has opened my eyes to how you can evaluate games. When the gamers went into extreme detail I felt like I was completely immersed in the game. It blew my mind at the specifics that go into making a game and playing it. I also thought it was interesting how they described certain types of gamers, to see how much information there is about video games has really sparked my interest. 
Also, the Indie movie was a fantastic way to visually see how much effort and planning goes into the creation of a video game. It was amazing to see the plots behind the games and how they really played into the creator’s history. The way Edmund made numerous games based on his childhood was awesome. When you play the game you would never think that it was going trough all his memories and moving trough his younger years. It was also interesting that it seemed like the game makers were meant to be in that profession. They had so much dedication and passion for their projects that most people would have gave up in the hard times. I am happy that in the end they were so successful with their game because Edmund and Tommy’s story was the most touching to me because they put all their lives into the game and putting in their personal touches.
All in all just the opening to this class has opened my eyes to the world of video games. Even though I still don’t have much of an interest to be an avid gamer it definitely makes me feel more respect towards them and how they are created.

No comments:

Post a Comment