Friday, August 31, 2012

Indie Game: The Movie

I took quite a few things out of this movie, one in particular was the struggle of indie game makers. I never really took indie games seriously other than iOS games so the concept of indie games wasn't in my regular vocabulary. Now that I've seen the work that's put into into these games I certainly will give it another chance. Clearly these people put themselves out there, in a way that makes them extremely vulnerable much like that of a starving artist, which in my opinion they are. Another great thing I liked about the documentary was the production itself. As an aspiring producer/anchor I found that the shots used and the editing done in the film was great.  It felt so professional and the art in that was able to further enhance the video game art being featured. I really liked the way the raw emotion was captured in the film and you certainly felt for these creators of what they considered their baby. I understand this feeling because back when I was in high school I made videos for my school with two other friends and every time we put one on the news I was wondering what people were going to think of them and I was afraid that they wouldn't be received the way we had intended them. So I personally sympathize with them and I understand to an extent what they were going through. I really did enjoy the movie though. I think that if everyone watched this movie maybe it could change a lot of people's minds about considering video game designing an art.

No comments:

Post a Comment