So this movie was much more uplifting than the first. I
liked both of them, but this one had a little more humor in it. Maybe it was
not intended to be humorous, but that's how I took it. The Bill Mitchell
character was a lot of fun to hate. I would be really interested to know if he
is truly like that in person, though. Today in class I heard Preston say that
apparently he's even worse. The guy needs to get a grip. He has the world
record in an arcade game and makes hot sauce, he's not that cool. I thought it
was interesting to see inside the gamer culture, a culture I am extremely
unfamiliar with. But I think this movie really didn't show it in a very good
light. I'm sure not all people who enjoy gaming are as serious as some of these
guys or as oddly passionate. I know for a fact my dad absolutely LOVES Galaga,
and he's pretty beast at it, but in no way shape or form would he ever devote
his life to it. I'd really liked to see if there's a documentary out there
about a novice gamer. I'm not exactly sure what it's purpose would be or why
anyone would want to do a documentary on that, but it would be a lot more
relatable for me. Maybe we could make our own documentary! On an unrelated note,
I got Super Meat Boy off of Steam! I was just so curious after watching Indie
Game that I had too, even if it was $7.00. It's a fun little game, but I can
tell it wasn't meant to be played on a computer. It's a bit challenging with
the arrows and space bar, but I like it! I need to play more games, though so I
can put a thesis together for my paper!
No comments:
Post a Comment