Thursday, September 13, 2012
Animal Crossing and Bogost
Before our lecture/interaction with Animal Crossing I had never thought to analyze the way video game story lines are developed. It didn't occur to me that you can set the precedent for the entire game with the basic response to "Are you cool/cute?" Ian Bogost presents such an interesting perspective in the rhetoric of video games. I attempted to analyze a movie (LOTR) the same as we did for Animal Crossing but it just didn't work. With games, you really get a feel of what the designer is trying to say and what they want you to think. Movies are entirely different. They tell a story and that really is all. You have no idea what the director/producer are like. I am very interested in delving deeper in the realm of analyzing games like Animal Crossing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment