Friday, September 14, 2012

Animal Crossing


As a former player of animal crossing on the GameCube, I am very familiar with the game dynamics and the storyline. Although I have looked at the game in more depth then face value, I never truly looked at it the way that we had in class. The idea of looking at the graphics in the way that we discussed in class had never occurred to me in all my playing of the game. (I had paid off all my debt, finished the dinosaur part of the museum and caught all the fish and finished that part of the museum as well) Despite my in depth play and competitive attitude while playing the game I had never truly "closely read" the game in the way that we had attempted in class. It makes me want to go back and play through the game and analyze things that I had previously overlooked. Overall I enjoyed learning a bit more about the game that I had once really loved. I felt that Bogost did a great job analyzing the game and it certainly gave me a fresh perspective on what I deemed a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment