While I am impressed by what Billy Mitchell has accomplished and what he has going for him currently in his life, I am strongly against the fact that he thinks himself as some sort of mobster in the Gaming world. Who does he think he is, Tony Soprano or something? While he may hold some prestigious records, and he has somewhat of a small cult following, I am personally not a fan of his attitude towards the other gamers, most notably Steve Wiebe, and his persona he carries with him. I thought the way he treated Wiebe, who seemed like a nice enough guy who just wanted prove himself in the gaming world, as he claimed he could down Billy Mitchell's record in arcade game Donkey Kong. Wiebe nicely asked him for them to play against one another, but Mitchell denied his every request and never showed up to anything that Wiebe attended- except for the random drive by. How could I forget, Mitchell is in the Mafia, so the drive-by is only necessary. At least in his book it is. As much as I disliked Mitchell, I liked Wiebe. He seemed to be like a real good family man who just happened to be really good at games. Thats what I liked about him. I thought he was a polar opposite of Mitchell, and you already know my feelings about him. However, with all this being said I understand that the perspective of Mitchell may have been misconstrued by the director of the documentary for whatever reasons. This may be the case but still my viewpoints on him have not changed.
-Timmy Aughavin
No comments:
Post a Comment